Cute Graduation Recipes for Your Upcoming Party
Graduation is right around the corner. Planning your party might be the last thing on your mind right now, but figuring out an idea for food is always a good start. Rather than scrolling 50 pages of Pinterest recipes, here are some cute ideas for your party this May.
Food.com has an extremely cute recipe for diploma look-a-likes in Mexican pinwheel form.
•40 fajita sized flour tortillas
•4 (8-ounce) packages of softened cream cheese
•4 (8-ounce) packages of sliced beef, diced
•2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
•3 bunches green onions, chopped small
1. Mix every ingredient but the tortillas together to create your filling, or if there is an alternative mix you would rather use, this is where you would replace it.
2. Place the filling in the tortilla and roll it up in pinwheel form; do not cut the tortilla.
3. Cut 6-8 inch ribbons in your school colors and tie them in the middle of the pinwheel.
This is a great idea for a party that is held mid-afternoon so your guests don’t come on an empty stomach.
If you are feeding guests at a late afternoon party, dips are key for a successful party. Nacho dip would go great with pinwheel diplomas. Here’s what you need to make this dip.
•1 lb lean ground beef
•2 fresh minced garlic cloves (optional) or 2 garlic powder (optional)
•1 large onion
•Chopped salt or seasoning salt
•1 (14-ounce) can refried beans
•2 (4-ounce) cans green chilies, drained and chopped
•3/4 lb Monterey jack cheese (or to taste) or 3/4 lb mild cheddar cheese finely shredded (or to taste)
•3/4 cup taco sauce
•1 large avocados or 1 (6-ounce) package frozen avocado dip
•1 1/4 cups sour cream
•3/4 cup black olives
•Sliced tostadas or tortilla chips
1. To begin, grease a 3-quart dish that can be used in the oven.
2. Brown your beef along with the onion and garlic in a frypan. To follow, drain and season.
3. Spread the refried beans into the bottom of your dish and top with green chilies, cooked beef over beans, and shredded cheese. Top this off with taco sauce and you are ready to refrigerate until the time of your party.
4. When you are ready to bake, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Spread avocado and sour cream on top and garnish with onion and olives. This should be served with chips.
Realistically, any dip will go great with a grad party. The full recipe can be found at food.com. To spice it up a little, you can always add a few personalized mini flags that say “grad!” or “congrats!” in your school colors. You can find these at your party supply store.
If you want to stray away from a Mexican theme, sloppy joe sliders are an easy alternative. Plus, they are extremely easy.
•1 1/2 tablespoons oil
•2 cups chopped onions
•3 lbs lean ground beef
•2 cups barbecue sauce or 2 cups of ketchup
•1 cup French’s classic yellow mustard
•1/2 cup French’s classic Worcestershire sauce
•2 (15 ounce) packages, hamburger slider rolls (about 24 rolls)
1. To begin, heat oil in a pot and sauté onions until they are tender.
2. Add ground beef to the pot and cook until brown.
3. Drain the pot and stir in bbq sauce, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes and spoon onto small rolls.
The full recipe can be found at food.com. These sliders will be a hit with your guests.
Going along with the theme of grad caps, this adorable dessert will be a hit with guests.
•18 1/4 ounces cake mix
•1 1/3 cups water
•1/3 cup vegetable oil
•3 large eggs
•24 chocolate graham cracker squares
•1 licorice twist (Twizzlers Pull-n-Peel)
1. Follow the box directions for the cupcakes and while filling the tins be sure not to over-fill; the tops should be flat when they are done baking.
2. Bake the cupcakes at 350 degrees until you can take a toothpick to the center and it comes out clean; let them cool.
3. Take the chocolate spread and spread it on the bottom of the cupcakes, which will now be your tops. Place a graham cracker square on top of the spread.
4. The Twizzlers rope should be cut into three pieces and separated into strings. Take the end of the string and dip into the extra chocolate spread; press into the graham cracker to finish your caps.
This is an easy alternative to a large cake and can be made in multiple batches for large parties. Plus, they are very aesthetically pleasing and will be a great ending for your party’s hors d’oeuvres.
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Food Articles
Recent Tufts News Articles
TUFTS Housing Listings
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeBoston CollegeBoston UniversityBrandeis UniversityHarvard UniversityUniversity of Massachusetts-AmherstMassachusetts Institute of TechnologyNortheastern UniversityTufts UniversityClark UniversityUniversity of Massachusetts-LowellUniversity of Massachusetts-BostonWorcester State CollegeBentley CollegeWheaton CollegeMount Holyoke CollegeLesley UniversityHampshire CollegeSuffolk UniversityWestfield State CollegeUniversity of Massachusetts DartmouthWilliams CollegeAmerican International CollegeAmherst CollegeAnna Maria CollegeAssumption CollegeBabson CollegeBay Path CollegeBecker CollegeBerklee College of MusicBoston Architectural CollegeBridgewater State CollegeCambridge CollegeElms CollegeCollege of the Holy CrossCurry CollegeDean CollegeEastern Nazarene CollegeEmerson CollegeEmmanuel CollegeEndicott CollegeFisher CollegeFitchburg State CollegeFramingham State CollegeGordon CollegeGordon-Conwell Theological SeminaryLasell CollegeMassachusetts College of Art and DesignMassachusetts College of Liberal ArtsMassachusetts College of Pharmacy & Health ScienceMassachusetts Maritime AcademyMerrimack CollegeMount Ida CollegeNew England School of LawNewbury CollegeNichols CollegeRegis CollegeSalem State CollegeSimmons CollegeSmith CollegeSpringfield CollegeStonehill CollegeThe New England Institute of ArtUniversity of Massachusetts Medical School WorcesterWellesley CollegeWentworth Institute of TechnologyWestern New England CollegeWestfield State CollegeWheelock CollegeWorcester Polytechnic InstituteAndover Newton Theological SchoolBenjamin Franklin Institute of TechnologyBerkshire Community College Bristol Community College Bunker Hill Community College Cape Cod Community CollegeGreenfield Community College Massachusetts Bay Community CollegeMassasoit Community College Middlesex Community College (MA)Mount Wachusett Community CollegeNorth Shore Community College Northern Essex Community CollegeQuinsigamond Community College Springfield Technical Community CollegeAilano School of CosmetologyAlexander AcademyAssabet Valley Regional Technical SchoolBancroft School of Massage TherapyBay State School of TechnologyBentley UniversityBlackstone Valley Vocational Regional School DistrictBlue Hills Regional Technical SchoolBoston Baptist CollegeBoston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis IncBranford Hall Career Institute-Springfield CampusCatherine Hinds Institute of EstheticsCharles H McCann Technical SchoolConway School of Landscape DesignCortiva Institute-BostonDiGrigoli School of CosmetologyDiman Regional Technical InstituteEINE IncEmpire Beauty School-BostonEmpire Beauty School-FraminghamEmpire Beauty School-HyannisEmpire Beauty School-LowellEmpire Beauty School-MaldenEpiscopal Divinity SchoolEverest Institute-BrightonEverest Institute-ChelseaFINE Mortuary CollegeFranklin W Olin College of EngineeringGreater Lowell Technical SchoolHallmark Institute of PhotographyHellenic College-Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of TheologyHenris School of Hair DesignHult International Business SchoolITT Technical Institute-NorwoodITT Technical Institute-WilmingtonJolie Hair and Beauty Academy-LudlowJupiter Beauty AcademyLa Baron Hairdressing Academy-BrocktonLa Baron Hairdressing Academy-New BedfordLe Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-CambridgeLincoln Technical Institute-BrocktonLincoln Technical Institute-SomervilleLowell Academy Hairstyling InstituteMansfield Beauty Schools-QuincyMansfield Beauty Schools-SpringfieldMarinello School of Beauty-NorthamptonMassachusetts General Hospital Dietetic InternshipMassachusetts School of LawMedical Professional InstituteMGH Institute of Health ProfessionsMildred Elley-Pittsfield CampusMillennium Training InstituteMontserrat College of ArtMotoring Technical Training InstituteNational Aviation Academy of New EnglandNational Graduate School of Quality ManagementNew England College of Business and FinanceNew England School of AcupunctureNew England Tractor Trailer Training School of MassachusettsNorth Bennet Street SchoolNorthpoint Bible CollegePope St John XXIII National SeminaryPorter and Chester Institute of CantonPorter and Chester Institute of ChicopeePorter and Chester Institute of WestboroughPorter and Chester Institute of WoburnPortfolio Center - WalthamRob Roy Academy-Fall RiverRob Roy Academy-TauntonSalter College-ChicopeeSalter College-West BoylstonSalter School-New BedfordSchool of the Museum of Fine Arts-BostonShawsheen Valley Regional Vocational Technical SchoolSignature Healthcare Brockton Hospital School of NursingSoutheastern Technical InstituteSouthern Worcester County Regional Voc School DistrictSpa Tech Institute-IpswichSpa Tech Institute-PlymouthThe New England Conservatory of MusicToni & Guy Hairdressing Academy-WorcesterUniversity of Phoenix-MassachusettsUrban College of Boston
- By State
- By City